Perfection Is The Enemy of the Meh.
See this image? It's a sketch I did in 2012 on an iPad at the Upper West Side Apple Store using the app ProCreate. I drew it on the fly. It features Inanna, my favorite go to mythological character, considering an unseen subject out of frame with delight and interest. You couldn't tell because the subject is off screen. On the fly, folks. I didn't think it out. Even so, customers and employees in the store would stop by, look at the sketch and say, "That's really good!" This stroked my frail ego, for I create drawings and paintings as infrequently as Axl Rose releases a new Guns n' Roses album. I was drawing the image with my finger, so essentially it was a finger painting. A finger painting masqerading as a charcoal sketch. Now I hadn't purchased this particular iPad, so I knew if I touched the home button, the image would be erased for good and all. Impulsively, I felt the need to preserve this work, so I asked Suze to...

You thought you were out, but the Amazon behemoth hooked you right in again. Curse you, Cock-Rocket Robber Baron!
ReplyDelete