The Book of Boba Fett: Some Thoughts.
If you asked me at the age of seven why I thought the taciturn bounty hunter Boba Fett was so cool, I probably couldn't come up with more than, "He's got a rocket pack! And a flame thrower! And his helmet doesn't look like Darth Vader or an off the assembly line stormtrooper's!" He only had a few brief appearances in The Empire Strikes Back , but I had high hopes for the character. In Return of the Jedi , he exhibited more of his strong but silent character. But at last during the rescue of Han Solo, we got to see him actually use his jetpack! I remember the audience oohing and aahing at the spectacle. We got to see him use his whipcord! We got to see him actually look-- Aaaaaand then we were let down by his embarrasing "death" at the hands of a blind Han Solo. Solo whacks Boba Fett's jetpack at a sensitive point, send him flailing into the air, smashing against Jabba the Hutt's sail barge, and tumbling into the maw of a creature cal...

You thought you were out, but the Amazon behemoth hooked you right in again. Curse you, Cock-Rocket Robber Baron!
ReplyDelete