My First Rock Concert.
I believe that thirty four years ago today, I became a full fledged teenager when I went to my first rock concert. When I was a wee boy, I would see teenagers with shaggy hair parade around in school and on the street with T-shirts that were artifacts of live shows of bands they had seen: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Styx, Journey, Def Leppard, KISS, Rush, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Twisted Sister, and so forth. In my first year at middle school, I saw a girl who wore a denim vest displaying the Union Jack on the back with the words "THE WHO" printed along the St. George's Cross segment of the flag. I was curious about these wild shows they had gone to see. It seemed out of my league. Would a wimpy kid like myself ever have the experience of seeing a rock band play live? Would I ever partake in this rite of passage into teenhood? At the age of 12, I found a UHF music video channel called U68. I had discovered a band that took me by storm. Image Credit: rog...

Both so pretty!
ReplyDelete